High 5 for Quality
Professional Development Incentive Program
High 5 for Quality Professional Development Incentive Program provides professional development, incentives and educational scholarships to early care and education staff in El Dorado County. It is designed to support the quality of early learning programs for children 0 to 5 and their families by incentivizing the educational attainment and effectiveness of our early learning workforce. Professional Development is guided by the California-Quality Rating and Improvement System Quality Continuum Matrix and Professional Development Pathways Core Tools and Resources. CARES emphasizes educational attainment and effective teacher – child interactions and offers three program options.
- Meet with a Coach and complete a Professional Development Plan in the beginning of program year.
- Program Options :
- Professional Development Stipend ($500) 21 hours of approved Professional Development as described in your professional development plan.
- Educational Scholarship for 3 Semester Units ($500) - 3 semester units or 4 quarter units from an accredited community college completed with a “C” or better which makes progress along the CDTC Permit Matrix or completion of an AA degree in ECE or related field.
- Educational Scholarship for 6 semester units ($700) Maximum scholarship per year per person; — 6 semester units or 8 quarter units from an accredited community college completed with a “C” or better which makes progress along the CDTC Permit Matrix or completion of an AA degree in ECE or related field.
- Educational Scholarship for Bachelor's Degree ($2000)— 12 or more upper division BA degree units from an accredited university or college towards BA in Child Development or related major
Eligibility and Enrollment
- Have access to a valid email account and high speed internet
- Must be 18 years or older and work in a licensed early learning program participating in High 5 for Quality for minimum 15 hours per week for a minimum of nine months of the program year (July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017)
- Must complete online application and complete additional Application Documentation (signed Consent Authorization form and W-9. (See Step 2 on application.)